Will I get my original investment back?
There is a risk, if something goes wrong or if the energy project fails during the life of the investment, that you may not get back all or any of your original investment.
The sorts of things that could result in an energy project getting into trouble are:
- Extended periods of lower than expected energy production
- Extended operational failure not covered by normal maintenance warranties and contracts
- An extended period of deflation
- An extended significant collapse in the price of energy
- Delays in the construction of the project (in the case of the investment being used to fund project construction)
There are also specific risks that relate to each individual investment, so please read the risks section of the Offer Document before you decide to invest.
Our investments are long term
Depending which investment you choose, it will usually have a term period of 15 - 20 years (though some may be shorter term).
The investments on Abundance are transferable which means if you want to get your money back you may be able to sell them, though there is no formal regulated market on which you can do so. But remember if you are forced to sell them in a hurry or if an investment has consistently underperformed, there is a risk you may not get all of your money back.
To help you sell Abundance provides a marketplace which enables buyers and sellers to connect and trade investments. If you want to learn more take a look at our marketplace FAQs.